Thursday, 30 October 2008

3D Games-I can only host, I can't join

A lot of folks report that they can no longer join 3D games on GameSmith/Freeverse, but they can still host games. This happened to me after upgrading my Mac to OS X Leopard (10.5). I'm pretty sure it was because at one time I had downloaded & installed the GameSmith 4.0 Public Test and this test version doesn't work right with Leopard. So this is what I did...

1. Re-download the 3D Games I needed from Freeverse.
Start at http://www.freeverse.com/games/
Select the games you need and download the full demo.
For example 3D Hearts at
ftp://download4.freeverse.com/Mac/Cards/3DHeartsDeluxe.dmg
2. Erase/Trash everything in the directory
"~/Library/Application Support/Freeverse/GameSmith Cache".
The "~" in the directory name refers to your home directory, so it could be "/Users/Sardonimous/Library/Application Support/Freeverse/GameSmith Cache". You can use the Finder's Go to Folder and drag the stuff to your trash or use rm in a terminal window.
3. Reinstall the programs.

1 comment:

  1. 3D Hearts is now at http://s3.freeverse.com/Mac/3DHeartsDeluxe/3DHeartsDeluxe.dmg

    ReplyDelete