Monday, 27 October 2008

For some reason 1st Top Ten posting doesn't show

For some reason the first time I post my solution to the Quiddler daily puzzle I don't show up in the Top Ten list but when I try it again later in the the day, I do show up and higher in the list than would be correct if I had just solved the puzzle. I'm not hacking it. Really. Am I being a jerk?

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say you're "being a jerk," but you should know that lots of us "regular" folks have to do the puzzle more than once. It's always a buzz-wreck when you think you've solved it, they show the top ten, and there is the answer. In the overall scheme of creation, it's not a big deal at all. However, on the "Large Pile of Dung on Our Planet That Continues to Disappoint Us" it's at the top. It's just a let-down, that's all.

    And I am curious: what time of day do you do the puzzle? If I want to be one the top ten, I'd have to stay up until 2am...not going to happen. I've always wondered about the mysterious folks who are ALWAYS in the top ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you make a lot of sense. I have stopping posting my answer as part of my name for the Top Ten list.. You'll have to look here for my solution, at least until I get bored with it again. Sorry for the "buzz-wreck". I will strive to improve from dung status. ;)

    It's only midnight for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a sensitive fellow. Thanks for understanding. Now I know where I can get the answers!

    ReplyDelete